You guys, this past year was a wild ride. We’ve experienced growth we couldn’t have imaged and definitely wouldn’t have believed had you told us at the beginning of the year. Each of our 4 team members is at maximum capacity and our workload is more than we can steward on our own. Uriah and I are thrilled to announce that after much consideration, it’s time to add not one, but two additional members to the The Inspiring Investment’s small, but mighty team… We’re Hiring!!
The two roles we’ve created and will be hiring for are:
- Construction Worker
In order to help our Assistant PM do his job more effectively, we created the position of Construction Worker: a full-time, hourly position that will improve efficiency of projects and help move our business forward.
- Office Assistant
Katelynn needs a hand with administrative, organizational and marketing tasks. This is a part time role that may eventually roll into some design related assistance and more hours in the future. Please see this post for the job description and here to apply to be our Office Assistant.
The rest of this post is related to the Construction Worker job opening.
(Full-time) Apply Here.
Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude and be eager to learn. As a Construction Worker you will be trained and involved in hands-on construction work, including, but not limited to:
- Basic Framing
- Basic Electrical (i.e. ability to replace outlets, lights, install appliances, light fixtures)
- Basic Plumbing (i.e. installing toilets, appliances, plumbing in sinks, changing trim kits…)
- Basic Mechanical Repairs (i.e. replace/repair ducting, replace bath fan motors…)
- Installation of Interior and Exterior Doors
- Window Installation
- Installation of Door and Cabinet Hardware
- Installing Cabinets
- Trim Install
- Building / Repair of Decks (to code per engineer specs) and Fencing
This is an entry level position. The Construction Worker will develop many hands-on skills listed above while in this role, of which carpentry will play a major part. Training is provided where needed.
***Candidates with the ability to speak Spanish and existing carpentry skills and will be given major priority.
Each project is different, therefore tasks and responsibilities fluctuate. You will report directly to a Project Manager and work alongside subcontractors and other on-staff employees. Tasks will be assigned and more responsibility given, as earned, over time and as needs arise.
Ideal Candidates will posses these attributes:
- Common Sense
- High Level of Integrity
- Leadership Potential
- A Strong Work Ethic
- A Can-Do, Do-What-It-Takes Attitude
- A Positive Worldview
- Experience working with Power Tools
- Strong Math Skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- The Ability to Think Ahead and Problem Solve
- Ability to Read and Write in English
- Basic Understanding of Google Docs/Sheets or Ability to Learn
- Capability of Working and Learning Independently if Needed
If this role and this company sounds like it could be a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t have “enough” experience. We are creating a uniquely supportive culture on our team and want to be a diving board of opportunity for you. Skills can be taught.