Meet Kelly! Our 2019 Inspiring Intern
These past few years, we’ve had the opportunity to host several interns through our Inspiring Intern Program. I created this Inspiring Internship program after purchasing The Internship Bundle by Nancy Ray. Let me tell you, they simply keep getting better and better. (You can meet some of our past interns, here.)
I’ve known Kelly and her family for quite a while now … to say she’s special to me is an understatement. She’s a California girl, incredibly bright, has a strong interest in business and marketing AND she’s going to Samford in the fall! (where I took my pre-nursing courses!)
To be honest, her internship, which was secured almost a year ago, could not have come at a more ideal time. (if you follow us on IG, you know why.) Talk about God’s providence! Why do I ever doubt that he’s got it all under control?
Kelly’s presence in the office has already brought me calm in the storm: hello organization!
This summer is going to be all about creating more internal structure and organization in the office – a valuable real-life experience for any intern who wants to learn what it takes to run a small business.
Get to know our Inspiring Intern!
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- Favorite type of ice cream?
- Mint chocolate chip
- Dogs or Cats (or neither)?
- Dogs… specifically puppies
- The last book you read?
- Anything by Jennie Allen
- But, I just started reading The Call by Os Guinness and I am really enjoying it
- Favorite movies?
- Mission Impossible 4, Hitch, The Italian Job, and absolutely any Rom Com
- Design inspiration?
- Anything on HGTV, but specifically Joanna Gaines
- What is your degree in (or going to be)?
- Business Marketing
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- In 5 years, I will be a college graduate and will have just completed my first full year of working. I hope to be working for some large corporation in a city, whether that be Raleigh, Charlotte, or a city in a completely different state. Organization is something I thoroughly enjoy doing, so my hope is that my job in five years will incorporate that somehow.
- Where was your favorite place you have traveled?
- My family and I just got back from a vacation to Italy and Santorini, Greece, and Santorini was easily one of the most beautiful and one of my favorite places I have ever been.
- What is your dream vacation spot?
- Bora Bora
- What is your favorite sport to watch and play?
- Where were you born?
- Walnut Creek, California (Right outside of San Francisco)
Basically she’s amazing, right?
Welcome to the Team, Kelly!