Sadly, The Inspiring Investment’s time with Garrett has come to an end, leaving a vacancy on the team. He will be sorely missed. A more offical farewall is to come, but for now we start the search for his replacement. This time, we are hiring a Construction Manager.
Read the Job Description in its entirety, then:
What We Are Looking for
Our company is looking to hire an experienced, motivated individual to bring onto our home transformation team for the role of Construction Manager. We need someone capable of taking ownership of a job from start to finish. The right person is looking for a company they can grow with and see results from what they put in.
You are an Ideal Candidate if you posses these attributes:
- Goal oriented
- High level of integrity
- Leadership skills – can manage and motivate others
- Display a strong work ethic
- Holds a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated – doesn’t need handholding
- Problem solver
- An optimistic worldview
- Don’t put up with BS
- Value quality workmanship
- Speak spanish
3 + years construction experience in reconstruction and/or new construction using Builder Trend or comparable software system.
This is a full-time position for Construction Manager on our small but mighty team. As a company, we aim to hit at least 20 projects per year between reconstruction, new construction and client projects, in addition to rental property turns. The Construction Manager will manage projects from start to finish, maintaining the standard of high quality work on time and within budget.
Tasks / Job Duties may include, but not be limited to
- Frequent job site visits
- Establishing budgets with guidance of the Lead Project Manager
- Reviewing and monitoring budgets weekly
- Managing subcontractors for timeliness and quality work
- Meeting with new subcontractors and evaluating potential for working relationships
- Material take-offs and placing material orders
- Communication with municipalities
- Seek out and maintain an equitable relationship with vendors
- On-site management as needed and for meeting with inspectors
- Enforce contractual agreements with subcontractors
- Utilize on-line tools and smartphone apps: Builder Trend (or similar), Dropbox, Google Drive, Marco Polo
You Must have:
- Experience with hands on construction and working knowledge of framing, mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Ability to read house plans
- Knowledge and understanding of local construction codes
- Ability and experience to tactfully interface with municipalities
- Strong communication skills and leadership skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of Google Docs, Sheets, and Dropbox
If you possess the skills listed above and have been working in the Construction industry doing remodels or new construction for at least 3 years we would like to hear from you.
About the Company
The Inspiring Investment is a home buying and renovation company based in Raleigh, NC. We buy houses that need work and transform those spaces into places people want to call home. Our vision is to raise the standard in the house flipping industry: to renovate with integrity and quality and to utilize our experiences to be a community resource for homeowners, sellers and other investors through our blog.